MUSICAL FEATURESHarmonaig is a quantizer that outputs pitch CVs associated with chords. When inputting one CV signal, pitch CV corresponding to root, 1rd, 3th and 5th is output.Automatic code selection functionWhen is turned on, the chords are selected so that the output pitch CV does not deviate from the specified mode (selectable from the Ionian series / Harmonic Minor series modes), producing harmony. Of course, it is possible to dare to pitch out of the mode. Chord progressions are as easy to program as a single base sequence. See the Details section for detailed instructions on how to specify routes and code
Other Harmonaig has the following features
- The quantized CV input range is -10V to 10V, with Attenuverter
- The output pitch CV range is also -10 to 10V, and all four can be individually glide with analog slew control.
- Gate output that can be used in either performance mode or quantize mode
- Side-by-side keyboard buttons for easy operation
- Inversion and voicing that shift the scale in the octave by octaves can also be controlled with the knob and CV.
- The following chords can be selected with the knob or CV
- -∆7 (minor major 7)
- O (diminished 7)
- Ø (minor 7 ♭ 5)
- -7 (minor 7)
- 7 (dominant 7)
- ∆ 7 (major 7)
- + ∆7 (augmented major 7)
- +7 (augmented 7)
- Four user-defined codes (4, 1, 2, 3). To set the selected code, double-tap the Diatonic button while holding the Transpose button.
- Double-tap C while holding the Transpose and Diatonic buttons to enter Unison mode and all four pitches will be root. Can be used to tune the oscillator
User InterfaceFunctions of each part are displayed by mouse over
Button combo / long press operation list
- Diatonic button tap while holding Transpose button: Quantizer mode / performance mode switch
- Press and hold the Transpose button: Select the mode that automatic code selection follows
- Double-tap the C button while holding down the Transpose and Diatonic buttons: Enter Unison mode and make all pitch CVs the same. It is convenient for tuning. Tap C again to return
- Double-tap C while holding the Transpose button: Clear all settings made by the Transpose slider
- Select a custom code, hold Transpose and double-tap Diatonic: Program the custom code. Press and hold the Transpose button until the code is decided
DetailsIn Harmonaig, there is a difference in the method of specifying the scale of the root and the scale stacked on it. The method of specifying the scale of the route changes depending on the Quantizer mode / Performance mode.QuantizerIn the mode, the input CV is quantized to the nearest scale within the set scale (lighting button), and it is regarded as the root of the chord and glows white. Use the buttons to set the scale that the route can take. By pressing the Diatonic button while pressing the Transpose button, the button function can be changed from the quantize function.performanceSwitch to mode. With the performance function, you can specify the root note directly with the button instead of setting the scale that the root can take with the keyboard button. Gate is output from the Gate output only while the button is pressed.
The scale that is stacked above the route, if you use automatic chord selection,Automatically configure chords in the scale on the specified mode.At this time, the mode that the chord constituent sounds follow greatly affects the atmosphere of the harmony.modeModifying is as easy as:
Press and hold the Transpose button. The button corresponding to the white key glows, but the button corresponds to the mode of Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, Locrian, respectively. You can also use the harmonic minor series mode by tapping the Diatonic button when selecting. For example, when Dorian is selected and Transpose is not performed, the chord component to be automatically selected is C dorian, that is, C, D, Eb, F, G, A, Bb. If the route is C, C / Eb / G / Bb (C–7) will be selected, and if the route is Eb, Eb / G / Bb / D (EbΔ7) will be selected. If you want this to be a D durian, turn the Trasnpose button light orange and use the slider to raise the mode root by two semitones. Also, if the root note is out of mode, it will be processed by Harmonaig's original setting.
The chord selection knob will be disabled when chords are being selected automatically. To freely select and control the chords using the knobs or CV, press the DIATONIC button to make it glow orange. At this time, the chord on the route can be freely controlled with the knob or CV. If you move only the route without moving the code, it will be a translation code
The chords decided as above can be further octave-shifted by the controls such as Inversion and Voicing to add variations.