* Firmware version is in the 2nd series, 3 parameters of gate probability, burst probability, step repeat, random walk added to sequence mode, rotation function, preset CV control function etc. have been added.
Stillson Hammer Mk II is a 4-track CV gate sequencer for real-time music performance. You can easily enter the following nine parameters that determine the sequence of each track, step by step, using 9 sliders.
CV: Set the voltage of CV output. A built-in quantizer is also applicable.
Slide: Set the time it takes to change to the CV value set in that step.
Gate: Gate: If the slider is 0, the gate will not be output, and the higher the slider is, the longer the gate will be output. It becomes the (tie) gate that connects to the next step at the highest position.
Speed: Set the burst speed
Count: Set the number of burst triggers.
Delay: Sets the time delay of gate output.
Gate Probability: Hold down Shift and press the Gate button to set the gate probability. If the slider of this gate probability is set to 0 at the gate ON stage, the gate is always output. As the slider is raised, the probability that the gate will be output decreases, and it will not be output at the top.
Burst Probability: Hold down Shift and press the Count button to set the burst probability. If the slider of this burst probability is set to 0 at the burst ON stage, the set burst is always output. As the slider is raised, the probability that burst will be output decreases, and it will not be output at the top.
Step Repeat: Hold down Shift and press the Delay button to set the number of step repeats. Step repeat repeats the stage a specified number of times. Can be set for each stage from 0-7
First, select the track you want to edit with the track button, select the parameter you want to edit with the page select button (or a combination with Shift), and set the value for each step with the slider The usual editing method in SH MKII Will be. You can easily copy / paste tracks and pages with the buttons. The display will sequentially show the value of the currently selected page parameter for the active stage.
The SH MKII also has two CV inputs and corresponding manual knobs, and you can modulate 2 types of parameters for each step that can be selected with the page button or Shift + page button. You can select and control any number of parameters from any track at the same time (and change the strength at each step). You may patch the CV output of SH MKII itself to the CV input.
Sequence data in 32 presetsSave / load
Is possible. Also using the Memory CV Input jackPreset CV control
Is possible. With the help of buttons, rotary encoders, LEDs and displays, you can comfortably type in sequences.
In addition to page parameters, the following operations and settings can be made for each track.
- Mute (hold down shift and press track button)
- Change the number of clock divisions (from the transport option button)
- Sequence direction (from transport option button)
- Track length (from track options)
- Quantizer scales and routes (from Track Options):
The scales that can be selected are as follows (the rightmost character is shown on the display)
All Semitones 12
Fifths and Octaves 5
Major Triad 3
Minor Triad 3.
Major 6th 6
Minor 6th 6.
Major 7th 7
Minor 7th 7.
- You can switch presets back and forth by holding the Shift and encoder and pressing the Range button
- Hold Shift and Encoder while moving the slider to set all stage parameters to that value
- The preset CV changes its behavior every two semitones, so it's easy to control through a keyboard or quantizer
- Hold INIT and RAND and press CV to randomize the current CV sequence a little
- Hold RAND and press LOAD to randomly select and load presets from memory
- If you hold down Shift and press the CV button, the link mode will be entered in which the CV value is not changed at the gate OFF step. This prevents the pitch from changing during a long decay.
- Hold Shift and edit the slider to see the slider value for the step you're editing