If you order the overlay at the same time as this item1% off one overlay
Will be. Discounts will be applied automatically. Morph itself and the second and subsequent sheets will not be discounted.Cannot be used with coupons.
Sense MorphIs a customizable multi-touch MIDI control surface designed with a new generation of pressure sensitive sensors for all creative people.MPESince it supports (MIDI Polyphonic Expression), delicate and complex control that goes beyond conventional MIDI is possible.
* Overlays are sold separately
Morph hasoverlayThere are many interfaces made of silicon rubber called ``,'' you can switch the interface and parameter assignment just by replacing this, and you can change the appropriate mode.automaticallyCall All other settings are connected to your computer via USB,Sense AppThis is done using the software. You can check the assignment by installing the Sensel App before purchasing and launching it. See the instructions below for installing the app.
The connection to the device to be controlled is based on USB micro connector or MIDI connection via Bluetooth. Expert Sleepers for CV-controlled hardware synthesizers like modular FH-2You can make the most of Morph's potential by using a MIDI / CV conversion module that supports MPE. Other hardware features are as follows.
- Implemented 1.25 x 185 sensor elements (about 105 pressure sensors) spread at intervals of 20,000 mm. High-sensitivity sensor with a detection width of 1 g to 5 kg per touch
- High-speed response of 125Hz (8ms latency) in full resolution mode and 500Hz (2ms latency) in high speed mode
- 6502 dpi accurate tracking
- High connectivity for Bluetooth LE, USB, serial (enabled with Innovator's kit)
- Supports USB or rechargeable lithium polymer battery
The explanation of each part is displayed by mouse over
Overlays determine how Morph itself responds to input. Buttons, sliders, pads, etc. are modeled with silicon rubber on each overlay, and each part is assigned a different MIDI command. All assignments can be freely customized with the Sensel app.
There are 8 magnets built into the Morph body, which allows Morph to fix and use the overlay.Automatically identify overlayAnd switch the operation. Music related overlays include: For Buchla Thunder, Piano, Music Production overlays, MPE mappings are already prepared in the Sensel App.
In Morph, the function is automatically switched by changing the overlay, but a computer is required to make various customizations. Make all the settings in Sensel App.Download and install the Sensel App for your OS.
Connect Morph to your computer via USB and launch the Sensel App to test sensors and overlays, view visualized pressure data, customize buttons, adjust sensor sensitivity and more.If you also want each overlay to work in MPE mode, this software will also call the MPE mapping.Usage details will be displayed in English within the app.If the connected computer is connected to the Internet, you will be notified automatically if there is a firmware update, and you can update.
MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression)
In Morph, you can easily use it in MPE mode by selecting MPE compatible mapping of each overlay in the Sensel App and sending it to Morph. In MPE mode, by assigning each MIDI note to a different MIDI channel in order, not only the scale and velocity, but also standard bend such as pitch bend, channel aftertouch, and CC # 74 are set for all notes. You can express 3 MIDI parameters for each note. For examplePiano overlayWhen is moved in MPE mode, the strength with which each key is pressed is aftertouch, the horizontal movement is the pitch bend, and the vertical finger position is the CC # 74 value. When combined with an MPE-compatible soft synth, hard synth, or MIDI-CV / Gate conversion device, that information can be reflected in the tones (refer to the explanation of each device and software for the setting method).
Corresponding communication standard by OS
1. Many Linux distributions support USB / MIDI. Supports BLE MIDI only for distributions that use the bluez stack.
2. Compatible with Android Marshmallow and later.
3. The guide is specific to Ubuntu 16.04.
- Unplug Morph's USB connection
- Open the screen for Bluetooth connection on your computer or tablet
- Press and hold the power button for 1 second (shorter than shutdown) and check that the status LED is blinking blue → solid. Moprh is now in pairing mode
- Specify Morph from your computer or tablet and pair