Surface is a multitimbral physical modeling voice module capable of morphing into the acoustic quality of acoustic instruments and synthetic textures of different dimensions. There are various physical models installed, including stringed instruments, prepared pianos, tuned percussion such as timpani and steel drums, and up to 8 voices can be pronounced at the same time. A stereo output with configurable operation makes it easy to create sounds reminiscent of the universe. Surface provides a unique interpretation of physical modeling that obscures the line between emulation and synthesis, enabling new world sound design.
- Multitimbral physical modeling voice
- Various sound models for stringed instruments, prepared pianos, tuned percussion, etc.
- 8 voice polyphony
- Unique stereo output with configurable output processing mode
HOW TO USE
ModelBy turning the knob, you can select the next triggered voice from the following physical models.
- Pluck (purple): Plucked string (Karplus Strong) model.ToneControls brightness, filter quality and cutoff.StrikeControls the strength of the attack. The output in Split Models Out mode isleft.
Bell (blue): Modal resonator model that can be morphed from vibraphone to tabla.ToneControls the ratio of hit bars and transforms between vibraphone and tabla.StrikeControls the weight and material of the mallet.
The types of bells included are Vibraphone, Steel Drum, Bayan Tabla and Dahina Tabla. The output in Split Models Out mode isleft.
- E. Piano 1 (cyan): Rhodes-style electric piano model.ToneIs a blend of two FM sources,StrikeControls the FM index of the second sound source (no effect when Tone is at its minimum). The output in Split Models Out mode isleft.
- E. Piano 2 (green): Wurlitzer electric piano model.ToneIs the FM index,StrikeControls the amplitude of the attack (at the minimum value, the click sound disappears). Output in Split Models Modeleft.
- Kick (yellow): Sine wave based kick drum model with saturation.ToneIs the saturation amount,StrikeControls the attack time and the amount of pitch envelope applied (minimum value makes the attack slightly audible). Output in Split Models Moderight.
- Snare (orange): Snare drum model.ToneIs the amount of noise applied,StrikeControls the amount of pitch envelope applied. Output in Split Models Moderight.
- Prepared Piano (red): Prepared piano model.ToneIs the amount of detune and spatial processing applied,StrikeControls semi-random rattle and restrike. Output in Split Models Moderight.
VoicesPress and hold the button for more than 1 second for easy access to the Extra Settings Menu, which you can use to change your Surface's stereo output behavior settings, and the Voices LED blinks white to indicate it is in Setup mode. .. To return to normal mode, simply press the Voices button again. Or, if no button operation is performed for 30 seconds, it automatically returns to the normal mode.
Change Output Behavior
During Extra Settings ModeChokeTap the button to set the output mode switching. At this time, the output mode selected by the color of Choke LED is shown as follows.
- Mono (blue): The left and right outputs are the same.
- Split Models (green): Outputs from the right or left output specified for each model.
- Split Voices (purple): Even numbered voices are output from the left, and odd numbered voices are output from the right.
- Ramdom (red): Pans a new voice to each output on each trigger.
During Extra Settings ModeTrigTap the button to switch between normal mode and Dark mode. At this time, the color of Trig LED is in normal mode.blue, In Dark modegreen, Respectively. Dark mode features extreme parameter settings on all models, making each model more versatile or different.