"PEDAL CRUSH" is a guidebook written by Kim Bjørn and Scott Harper (Knobs) that introduces the possibilities of effect pedals to producers, DJs, performers, vocalists, and, of course, guitarists and all musicians. Over 800 pedal effects, 50 artist makers and over 200 tips for use are presented.
This book contains all the information about pedals. From the pedal board to the concept, purpose, history and creative possibilities of different types of pedals. From rare to classic, from modern boutique pedals to vintage.
The following interviews with various artists are posted. Amulets, Andy Martin, Anne Sulikowski, Daniel Steinhardt (That Pedal Show), Data Choir, David Torn, Dub FX, Ed O'Brien (Radiohead), Gaz Williams, Hainbach, Jennifer Batten, Joe Barresi, Kid Koala, Lara Somogyi, Lisa Bella Donna, Lisa Molinaro, Matt Johnson (The The), Michael Britt, Nels Cline, Nick Reinhart, Sarah Lipstate, Stefan Fast, Trentemøller, Tycho, and Unknown Mortal Orchestra.
You can also find interviews with several pedal brands below. Alexander Pedals, BOSS, Chase Bliss Audio, Death by Audio, EarthQuaker Devices, Electro-Harmonix, Empress Effects, Fairfield Circuitry, Gamechanger Audio, Glou Glou, Hologram Electronics, JHS Pedals, Keeley, Meris, Montreal Assembly, Mu-Tron, Rabbit Hole FX, Red Panda, Reuss Musical Instruments, Spiral FX, Strymon, TC Electronic, and ZVEX.
The book consists of seven sections, depending on the effect type.
- Introduction: About effect chains, system settings, power supplies, controls, pedal boards, multi-effects, etc.
- Gain: Boost, Fuzz, Distortion, Overdrive, Bit Crush
- Dynamics: Envelope, Compressor, Noise Gate
- Time: Delay, Reverb, Freeze, Glitch, Granular, Doubler, Looper
- Modulation: Tremolo, Flanger, Ring modulation, Rotary, Phaser, Vibrato, Chorus
- Pitch: Octaver, Pitch Shifter, Harmony, Synth
- Frequency: EQ, filter, wah, talkbox & vocoder
- History, glossary