Intellijel Metropolix is a unique and powerful multitrack sequencer.With intuitive and practical controls and a variety of modulation possibilities, both internal and external, you can quickly and easily create a musical sequence with a strong presence.Many functions for creating variations and performing real-time manipulation are provided to bring monotonous melodies to life.In the studio or in live performances, Metropolix will be an important starting point for fresh ideas and killer riffs in the creative process.The following are the main features of Metropolix.
Two tracks related to each other
Two tracks are one built with a pitch slider, Pulse Count switch and Gate Type switch.As two variations of the master sequenceIt will be set.The sliders and switches for setting the master sequence are operated in the same way as in previous versions of Metropolis.Based on this master sequence, each track sets a sequence parameter group for each track to create all variations from counterpoint sequences to polyrhythms.
8 modulation lanes
Each MOD lane is a modulation track with 8 stages of modulation value and each playback direction, length, and clock division number, and there are 8 tracks in Metropolix.Each mod laneTwo assignable outputsA, B, and a huge numberInternal modulationCan be routed ahead
Assignable I / O and control knobs
3 つ のAUX CV inputCan set various sequence parameters to the modulation destination.Also twoControl knobBy assigning parameters toManipulate sequences in real timePerformance is also possible.In terms of output, in addition to the CV / Gate output of the two main tracks, two of the eight modulation lanesCan be assigned to A and B outputs.
In Loopy mode, press the stage button to sequenceInstantly loop only part of the rangeYou can play or draw the pitch set with the slider like a keyboard.
Metropolix has 8 banks that can store 8 presets64 presets in totalCan be saved.Also, the current settings are saved in EPROM,Settings are completely saved during power on / off without saving to reset..Menu settings, button settings, etc. are always called by presets, but in addition to that, Pitch slider, Pulse Count switch, etc.Whether to recall the physical operator position as a presetCan be set for each type of operator.
Metropolix's usability is perfect for live performances, jams and sketches.The key parameters are readily accessible and a single slider or switch can make a big difference to the entire sequence.
Metroplix consists of many knobs and jacks, sliders inherited from Metropolis, multi-position switches, encoders and buttons that make menu operations easy, and a display that displays a variety of information.On the right side of the panelPitch slider, pulse count switch, gate type switchThe actual sequence from TRK1,2 and XNUMX is determined by setting the main sequence as the starting point and setting various sequence parameters to it.
Track buttonThe track to be set isTranslucent under the encoderTrack buttonSelect with.
In Metropolix, in addition to TRK1,2 and 8, eight dedicated to modulationMod laneAlso exist.Mod lanes are 8-step CV sequencers that are unaffected by the main sequence settings, and the eight mod lanes have individual sequence parameters that you can press to set them.The modulation destination by the Mod lane can be output externally by assigning it in addition to the parameters of TRK1,2 and XNUMX.
Parameter selection button
The buttons at the bottom are mainly used to select the sequence parameters to be set.The parameters are mainly divided into the following four types.Except for the global setting parameters, they are set for each track.Select the track to be set from the track button.
- Global configuration parameters..Global settings, BPM, scale, etc.Light gray "SETUP" "BPM" "SCALE" on the left side of the panelGlobal settings buttonSet from.
- For each trackSetTrack parameters.Lower left of module, whiteTrack parameter setting buttonPlayback direction (ORDER), sequence length (LEN), clock / pulse division number (DIV), swing amount (SWING), slide time (SLIDE), gate length (GATW) that can be accessed from the group.Press the button for the corresponding parameter and then set with the encoder. ORDER, LEN, DIV can also be set on MOD tracks.
- For each trackSet toTrack menu parameters..Note range, transpose, etc.Track menuIt is accessible from.To set the track menu, hold down ALT and press the button of the track (A / B / Mod) you want to set, and use the encoder. For MOD tracks, set different parameters than TRK1,2 and XNUMX.
- Of each trackFor each stageSetStage parameters..Slide ON / OFF (SLIDE), Skip ON / OFF (SKIP), Pitch and Gate Override (PITCH, GATE), Ratchet Count (RATCH), Playback Probability (PROB), Transpose Cumulative (ACCUM), Dedicated CV (CV). After pressing EDITEight translucent at the bottom right of the moduleStage buttonSelect the parameters in the group, then select and set the stage with the same button. There are no stage parameters on the MOD track, press EDIT and then the stage button to select MOD tracks 1-8, then use the same button to select the stage for which you want to set the MOD track value.
Each of the other buttons plays the following roles:
- In addition to the Run button to run and stop the sequence, the Reset button to reset, you can enter Loopy mode where you can improvise the sequence range by pressing the stage button.Loopy buttonThree transport related buttons such as.
- The stage button is pressed when selecting the stage for which you want to set stage parameters,Edit buttonSelect stage parameters to set by pressing and then pressing (subscript),Alt buttonPress and then press to set the superscript (common to tracks). For mod lanes, press the Edit button and then the stage button to select the mod lane to set (1-8).